Based on our 35-year diagnostic and research experience in research institutes and University Departments, we founded a center (Tzartos NeuroDiagnostics) specialized in the diagnosis of autoimmune neurological diseases (and some other neurological diseases like Alzheimer and Creutzfeldt-Jacob diseases), mainly for the prompt and comprehensive service of patients and doctors. Specifically, we offer:
- The classic tests for myasthenia gravis, myasthenic syndromes, multiple sclerosis, NMO and peripheral neuropathies in which we have extensive experience.
- New tests for myasthenia gravis based on our own and others investigations (anti-LRΡ4, anti-MuSK by cell-based assay, antibodies to AChR clusters, and our supplementary highly sensitive RIAs) that shrink the "seronegative" myasthenia gravis. New tests for NMO (antibodies to AQP1, based on our own studies, and to MOG, as well as GFAP protein in CSF).
- Tests for myositis, paraneoplastic syndromes, autoimmune encephalitis and several related syndromes (antibodies against Amphiphysin, Hu, Yo, Ri, etc., against NMDA-R, AMPA-R, GABAB-R, glycine receptors, GAD, LGI1, CASPR2, etc.).
- In addition, we perform measurements in the CSF of the levels of proteins related to Creutzfeldt-Jacob (14-3-3, Tau/p-Tau and pathological prion by RT-QuIC) and to Alzheimer (beta-amyloid1-42, beta-amyloid1-40, Tau and p-Tau) diseases.
- Prices are at the lowest possible levels. To needy patients very significant discount is possible.
- Excellent service for patients and doctors and the results are sent to patients and physicians by email or any other preferred means.
- Very short delivery time of the results: typically, 1-5 days.
- The assays are performed by highly experienced scientific staff.
- Importantly, advice-consultation to doctors for selection of tests and interpretation of results whenever requested.
We are at your disposal for any more information you may need. If you wish to be notified about the new tests, please send an e-mail or follow our website.
Socrates Tzartos, Ph.D. John Tzartos, MD, Ph.D.
Emeritus Prof. of Immunobiology Neurologist - Neuroimmunologist